NCJW NATIONAL ISSUES and EVENTS:
- NCJW supports the My Body, My Data act introduced by Representative Sara Jacobs. More>
- NCJW supports The Healthy Families Act, introduced by Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) and Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) which would establish a national paid sick days standard. More>
- NCJW supports The Family and Medical Insurance Leave (FAMILY) Act, introduced by Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT) and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), which would guarantee a national paid family and medical leave program for virtually all working people across the country. more>
- NCJW endorses bill to address antisemitism: NCJW endorsed the bipartisan Holocaust Education and Antisemitism Lessons (HEAL) Act HR 603), introduced by Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ), Michael McCaul (R-TX), Kathy Manning (D-NC), and Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA). The HEAL Act would direct the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum to conduct a study on Holocaust education efforts in states, local educational agencies, and public elementary and secondary schools.
- Our lawmakers can confirm more fair, qualified, and independent judges to lifetime seats on the federal bench. The Senate has confirmed 97 federal judges over the last two years, but there are many more in the pipeline.
- Members of Congress can boldly prioritize access to abortion by passing the EACH Act. During annual conversations on appropriations, the kinds of budget discussions Congress is having right now, they choose to keep the Hyde amendment in place, which denies abortion coverage to those enrolled in federal health programs like Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Instead, tell your lawmakers to vote for the EACH Act and remove this major barrier to abortion care.